Tuesday 3 February 2015

Clumsiness....

I guess everybody knows the feeling when you're so embarrassed you wish you could just disappear or become invisible. To me this feeling is quite familiar because somehow I always manage to get myself into awkward situations. And it's mostly then, when I'm surrounded by people.

Sometimes I wish I would be that super confident kid that would make a joke after it had done something embarrassing and everybody would laugh and forget about it. But unfortunately I'm not. I'm more the type of person that if something embarrassing happens to me I try to rescue it but instead of covering it up, I make it even worse. I hope some of you can somehow relate to what I'm trying to explain you.

One situation I will tell you about happened in my first week at my new school. Before getting into it, I must say, that for me it's even more embarrassing when I'm new somewhere. Because after that everybody knows you as the clumsy kid and not as the really funny, generous or creative one. That was terrible because they didn't want to get to know me as a person they all already had the feeling they would know me although they only had seen my accident.

Okay, on to the situation. It was Thursday. I was at a new school and until then everything had worked really well, I even was a little bit proud that nothing embarrassing had happened to me yet. But this wasn't for long. That Thursday I would eat in the canteen for the first time. I just had paid the lady at the counter and was walking towards the tables. When I tripped, fell and all the food and Sprite spilt over the floor. For maybe two seconds everything was quiet but then everybody stood up and started clapping their hands. I was so embarrassed I was not able to stand up, so I was still lying in my lunch and everybody was laughing. My friend came to me and helped me get up but I could not stay in this room any longer, so I ran out my T-Shirt full of tomato sauce. You can guess what happened next. On my escape through the canteen I bump  into the boy I  secretly had a crush on and also destroyed his T-Shirt. From that day on everyone knew me.

At the beginning I struggled with going back to school and I wanted to change school and everything but I must say I've also learnt things through this accident.


What I've learnt and my advice:

Try to do little changes to avoid your clumsiness.

In case you would get bullied don't show any reaction because if you do the bullies won't stop. I now that might be hard but I think it's really important not to let people take you down.

Don't laugh at other people if they do something awkward because than they won't laugh at you either.

And incase the bullying gets worse I would recommend talking to someone about it and maybe even getting help.

Also, time can make a big difference because gradually you'll get over it and maybe you will even be able to laugh about it and the others will also forget about it. 

Nothing is forever.

You can also imagine it like a joke. No joke is funny forever there comes a time where everybody had enough of it and nobody think it's funny anymore. That was the same with my accident, after a while nobody thought it was funny any more and they stopped talking about it.

I also have a quote I always tell myself because I think it's really true and it already helped me through some difficult situations.

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

If you have any experience or advice on clumsiness and such things please leave a comment!!

Lots of love
xxx

P.S; Clumsiness is something natural and you're surly not the only one who's clumsy!!





No comments :

Post a Comment